DAVIS, CALIF. – The New Mexico State men’s tennis team fell 5-2 to UC Davis on Friday, March 14. The Aggies won two singles match, while dropping the doubles point.
The Aggies fell in two of the three doubles matches, but junior Patrick Pfister and redshirt sophomore Paul Denele stopped the team from being swept by claiming an 8-3 win at the No. 2 spot.
In singles play, junior Germain Degardin battled three sets before taking the win at the No. 4 spot. He defeated Parker Kelly 6-2, 4-6, 10-4. The other Aggie win came at the sixth position when sophomore Liam Goldberg stopped Adam Levie 6-2, 6-3.
The Aggies fell at the other four singles courts in straight sets. NM State now makes the trip to face Sacramento State at 1 p.m. on March 15.
Tennis Match Results
New Mexico State vs UC Davis
3/14/2014 at Davis, Calif.
(Marya Welch Tennis Center)
UC Davis 5, New Mexico State 2
1. Adamson, Alec (UCD) def. Strahinja Trecakov (NMSU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Wade, James (UCD) def. Paul Denele (NMSU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Bacharach, Brett (UCD) def. Marc Westgate (NMSU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Germain Degardin (NMSU) def. Kelley, Parker (UCD) 6-2, 4-6, 10-4
5. McKelvie, Bryce (UCD) def. Patrick Pfister (NMSU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Liam Goldberg (NMSU) def. Levie, Adam (UCD) 6-2, 6-3
1. Adamson, Alec/Levie, Adam (UCD) def. Marc Westgate/Germain Degardin (NMSU) 8-3
2. Patrick Pfister/Paul Denele (NMSU) def. Kelley, Parker/Wade, James (UCD) 8-3
3. Luba, Adam/Bacharach, Brett (UCD) def. Strahinja Trecakov/Naveen Manivannan (NMSU) 8-6
New Mexico State 7-7
UC Davis 9-6