The Aggies (4-9, 1-1 WAC) dropped their sixth straight match Wednesday but will look to halt the slide against Hawai'i Thursday in Fresno.
No. 18 Fresno State (12-1, 3-0) won its 11th consecutive match starting with a sweep of the doubles point.
The Bulldogs proved to be too much for the Aggies on the courts winning five of six singles contests to remain undefeated in the WAC.
Aggie sophomore Felipe Frattini ended the day on a positive note with a three-set win at No. 5 singles. After dropping the first set 6-2, he bounced back to win the second in a tiebreaker 7-6. Frattini won the deciding superbreaker 10-6 to earn the Aggies lone point of the day.
NM State is scheduled to continue its road swing against Hawai'i on Thursday at noon.
For all of the latest Aggie men's tennis news, click NMStateSports.com.
New Mexico State at No. 18 Fresno State
Spalding G. Wathen Tennis Center
No. 18 Fresno State, 6 New Mexico State, 1
1. #22 Remi Boutillier (FS) def. Matej Stakne (NMSU), 6-1, 6-0
2. #58 Francis Alcantara (FS) def. Luis Ramirez (NMSU), 6-0, 6-0
3. Jean-Charles Diame (FS) def. Marc Westgate (NMSU), 6-3, 6-1
4. Davis Ayoun (FS) def. Germain Degardin (NMSU), 6-1, 6-4
5. Felipe Frattini (NMSU) def. Zachary Leslie (FS), 2-6, 7-6 (3), (10-6)
6. Reid deLaubenfels (FS) def. Patrick Pfister (NMSU), 6-2, 6-4
Order of finish: 2,3,1,6,4,5
1. #64 Boutillier/Alcantara (FS) def Stakne/Ramirez (NMSU), 8-2
2. Ayoun/Leslie (FS) def. Westgate/Frattini (NMSU), 8-5
3. Diame/ Sai Kartik Nakireddi (FS) def. Degardin/Eduardo Cabrita (NMSU), 8-4
Order of finish: 1,2,3