- Live stats for each game are available at www.nmstatesports.com.
- Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
- NM State fell both games of the doubleheader with No. 21 Nebraska on Friday March 15. The Aggies battled the Huskers to 10 innings in game one before a three-run home run capped the 4-1 loss for the Aggies. Game two came in just five innings as the Aggies worked for two hits, but Nebraska was able to pick up eight runs for an 8-0 win over NM State.
- NM State hosts Siena College for a doubleheader on Monday, March 25, before making its first conference road trip of the season to face Utah State for a three-game series March 29-30 in Logan, Utah.
In the Lead
- Senior Amber Olive leads the Aggies with a .348 batting average and 32 hits this season. She is 10-13 on stolen bases and has helped the Aggies with 12 RBI.
- Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is second on the team in batting average (.338) through the first half of the season. She has three home runs off 24 hits for a total of 14 RBI this season. She leads the team in on-base percentage with .430 and has six extra-base hits this year.
- The Aggie leader in slugging percentage (.667), Staci Rodriguez is second in the WAC in that category and leads the conference with 28 RBI this season. She also leads the league with eight home runs.
Power in the Circle
- Senior Pitcher Alex Newman pitched 76.1 innings, has 38 strikeouts, and boasts a 2.38 ERA through her 19 appearances in the circle. She goes into the week with a 7-7 record.
- As a pitching staff, the Aggies have worked for a 2.85 ERA this season and combined for 114 strikeouts.
- Sophomore Karysta Donisthorpe pitched a career high 12 strikeouts in the 4-3 win over South Dakota.
- Mariah Rimmer leads the Lobos with a .376 batting average and 38 hits this season.
- With a .367 batting average, Chelsea Anaya is the big hitter for UNM with 20 RBI this season and eight extra-base hits that includes two home runs.
- Last weekend, the Lobos beat No. 23 Oregon State 5-3, but are just 1-7 this season against ranked opponents.
- First meeting between the teams was March 23, 1978. NM State took the inaugural meeting 6-3
- All-time, the Lobos hold an 81-54 record over the Aggies with the teams splitting the last two meetings this season.
- NM State took game one of the series 3-0 and the Lobos fought back for a 10-9 win just nine days later.
- NM State is 8-2 through the last 10 meetings between the in-state rivals
Stats vs. the Lobos
- Senior Teresa Conrad has a .667 batting average in the series against the Lobos with two runs off four hits in her six at bats.
- Kelsey Dodd is not far behind with a .400 hitting percentage against UNM and a .400 slugging percentage. She has three hits with two runs and an RBI against UNM so far in the series
- Karysta Donisthorpe got the win in the first meeting while throwing a one-hitter and tallying six strikeouts.
Big WAC Honors
- (2/18) - Sophomore Staci Rodriguez was named WAC Hitter of the Week forthe week of Feb. 11-17 with a .429 on-base percentage and going 10-for-25 at the plate for NM State with two double, a sacrifice fly and a career-high 13 RBI with three home runs through the Aggies seven games.
- (2/25) - Senior Teresa Conrad was named WAC Hitter of the Week for the week of Feb. 18-24 with a .600 batting average, an .800 slugging percentage and a .714 on-base percentage. She had a hit in each of the Aggies' four games last week, with two doubles, three runs of her own and one RBI and three walks. Conrad had two multi-hit games and reached base each of her four times at the plate against rival I-10 UTEP on Saturday, Feb. 23, helping NM State to a 5-4 win over the Miners in extra (8) innings.
- NM State beat in-state rival UNM Sunday, Feb. 10, in a 3-0 victory in 7 innings. The Aggies fell in the second meeting between the teams 10-9 after a rain delay in Las Cruces. The Rio Grande Rivalry will be decided on March 19 in Albuquerque.
- The Aggies then defeated I-10 rival UTEP 7-1 on Tuesday, Feb. 12, and came back to take the series with a 5-4 win over the Miners in extra innings (8) in El Paso on Feb. 22. The third and final game of the season for the rivals was postponed due to high wind warnings in the area.